DVDs!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Since pretty much all I do these days is lay around the house, I've managed to watch a couple of DVDs. I'm a little behind the times, but hey - maybe some of you are, too. :-)


No Strings Attached - Ashton Kutcher, Natalie Portman, Kevin Kline
A lot like "Friends with Benefits" (which I haven't seen yet), but this one came out first, LOL. I liked it - it was fun, light-hearted, and pretty much what you would expect. I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.


Source Code - Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Monaghan, Vera Farmiga
I'm not sure if this is sci-fi, thriller, drama - I guess I would call it an "action sci-fi thriller".
It was pretty good, although I had a little trouble following it in the beginning. Of course, that could be due to back pain & prescription pain meds. I liked it for the most part, but something about it bothered me a little. I can't put my finger on it. I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars.

And I almost forgot that I saw these a month or so ago!


Just Go With It - Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston, Nicole Kidman
I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan - except when he does movies like this. When he tones down the obnoxious humor a bit, I find him extremely funny & likable. This is definitely a romantic comedy, but it's not a chick flick. I loved it & so did Gus. Definitely 5 out of 5 stars.


All About Steve - Bradley Cooper, Sandra Bullock, Thomas Haden Church, Ken Jeong
A little over the top, slightly goofy - but funny enough that I didn't feel like I wasted my time. There are some really funny parts, for sure. I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.


0 comments: