A blogger, me?

Friday, January 22, 2010

I've been thinking about starting a blog for awhile now. I wrestled with all of the usual questions - what will I blog about, what will I call it, how much time will it take, will I offend anyone & do I care if I do, will anyone read it, etc. So after much thought, I decided to blog about the things that I like best:
  • Deals - who doesn't love a good deal? I'm all for saving money, because that's just MORE money I can spend on something else; probably shoes, or maybe a handbag - oh, or lipgloss...but I digress. If I find a good deal, I'll let you know.
  • Meals - I'd rather cook than clean the kitchen. Which is why we have Rule #3 in my house - She who cooks doesn't clean up. I love to try new restaurants & recipes. So when I find one worth mentioning - whether it's bad or good - I'll talk about it.
  • Reels - I do so love a good movie. You won't find me watching chick flicks or movies about social consciousness or anything remotely sad. I want to be entertained! I love sci-fi, thrillers, action, & comedy. Current releases, DVDs, oldies-but-goodies - I'll talk about them all.
  • Heels - did I mention that I LOVE shoes? Well, I LOVE SHOES! I love looking at pictures of shoes, buying shoes, wishing I could buy shoes, making fun of ugly shoes - and you'll see it all right here.
  • Spiels - what would a blog be without an opinionated blogger? I promise it won't be all bad - although there will no doubt be plenty of venting. Anything I want to talk about that doesn't fall into the other 4 categories will be called a spiel. So let it be written, so let it be done.

So I hope you'll join me. And if not, I have a husband and two grown kids, so I'm pretty used to talking to myself - and that's okay, too. After all, it's my blog - I can say what I want and always be right. Why didn't I do this sooner??


0 comments: