Gamer (on DVD)

Sunday, January 31, 2010



I just watched Gamer with my husband. My son watched it a couple of nights ago & assured me that I would love it. He knows what type of movies I like, so I was anxious to see it. After all, Michael C. Hall stars in it - and he is one hot nerd/serial killer as 'Dexter' on Showtime. Gerard Butler has those sexy blue eyes, and I like Kyra Sedgwick, too - so that's a good start.

Lots of action in this one - lots of violence, blood, gore - some nudity, sexual situations. Definitely not one for the little ones.

I found the first 15-20 minutes so-so. Kind of weird, not quite sure what was happening, etc. Thank goodness it picked up a bit after that, LOL. Michael C. Hall, Gerard Butler, & Kyra Sedgwick were all good - and Michael C. Hall takes off his shirt. Eye candy with a capital 'E'! Ludacris was good, as was Terry Crews (loved him in 'White Chicks' as Latrell) - cameos by Maggie Lawson & James Roday (Juliet O'Hara & Shawn Spencer from 'Psych'). Something about the movie reminded me a lot of 'Death Race' (with Jason Statham & Joan Allen).

The confrontation between Michael C. Hall and Gerard Butler was probably the best part of the movie (as would be expected). But the movie ending left me feeling like there should have been something more, so that was a bit disappointing. The movie is only 95 minutes long, so if you like action and need a 'short' movie to watch, it's probably worth seeing. I'd give it 3-3.5 stars out of 5.

If you are really into gaming (like my son), then you will probably like the movie much more. He thought it was great. I think he'd give it 5 stars, LOL.


0 comments: