To-die-for blueberry coffeecake

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I got this recipe from a friend (Thanks, Michelle!) and it is soooo yummy! The recipe is actually for blueberry muffins, and I've made those, but I really love it as coffeecake. The topping is absolutely to-die-for, especially if you're a fan of cinnamon & sugar.

The original recipe can be found here.

To make the coffeecake, I double all of the ingredients (and I always use fresh blueberries), put the batter in a greased 9X13 baking dish, add the topping (remember to double this, too!), and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. It's usually not quite done after 45 minutes, but I like to make sure it doesn't overbake, so I check it with a toothpick at this time. It usually takes another 5-10 minutes to completely bake.


coffeecake batter before adding topping/baking


 
topping




after topping was added, before baking




after baking




piece of coffeecake - yum!!!


If you try it, let me know what you think!


0 comments: