Life is good.

Friday, February 19, 2010

It's Friday - the sun is shining, my new shoes arrived (and they fit!), I'm drinking sweetened black iced tea from Starbucks, and listening to Bob Marley. The only thing that could make it better is if I was doing all of this while lying in a hammock on a white sandy beach, looking out over the clear blue water. In the immortal words of Bob - is this love, is this love, is this love... that I'm feeling?? I'm just going to pretend all of this snow is white sand.

Speaking of good things - did you watch Shaun White at the Olympics this week? How cute is he? And talented, too. He makes extreme snowboarding look incredibly easy. And fun. When I said it looked like fun and I'd like to try it - my son laughed and told me I'd break a hip. Yeah, that's right. He said I'd break a HIP. Good thing it involves being out in the cold, which I hate - or I'd have to just show my son who'd be breaking a hip. (And yes, I realized it probably would be me - but that's beside the point.) I had to laugh at the men's halfpipe medal ceremony - Shaun was pretty subdued during the national anthem - until the last few bars, when he just couldn't hold it back any longer & played the air guitar. Loved it! And how cute is Johnny Weir? Who else would wear a flower crown on their head & wave to the crowd like a princess wearing a tiara? Loved it!! And Evan Lysacek was so darned cute when he realized he had won the gold medal. The cutest dimples ever! And his skating wasn't bad either, LOL! Anyway - congratulations to all US medal winners! Congratulations, Team USA!

Another happy event - we thought our state tax refund was only going to be around $20. Apparently there was an error concerning tuition credit, and we actually received a little over $300. Yay us! Nothing like a little unexpected money to brighten your day! I have no doubt that I will be able to find a wonderful way to spend that little windfall. Right, honey? I know you're reading this...

And my daughter got a 96 on her speech! That was pretty exciting because she is terrified of speaking in public. So yay for her overcoming her fear to pull off an A!! Woot!!

It's been a good week. **gives thanks**

I'll leave you with a few more of Bob's words - this is my message to you (ooh ooh); don't worry about a thing...'cause every little thing is gonna be alright...

Have a wonderful weekend!!


0 comments: