What would I do without you?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

You know how every once in awhile, you make a purchase, and you discover that the item is spectacular? You don't know how you lived without it - and it was the best money you ever spent?

When we moved into our current home almost 3 years ago, I bought a Bissell Spotlifter ($39.99 w/free shipping) from amazon.com.
With three cats and a dog, it's not "will" there be a mess on the carpet, it's "when will" there be a mess on the carpet. This little $40 machine is worth it's weight in gold. I hope that they never stop making these, because I don't ever want to be without one again.

I use this little beauty at least once a week. And this past week, it's really gotten a workout. I have two sick kitties - 'nuf said. I love this little cleaner, love, love, love it.

It's really easy to use - and it does a great job of cleaning up spills/stains - and is also great at sucking all of the solution back out of the carpet, too. It really is just for spot-cleaning, because it only holds a charge for about 15 minutes - but that's always been plenty of time for me.

My only complaint is that it's impossible to keep the reservoir completely clean. Stuff gets wedged into the nooks & crannies & no matter how much you rinse & shake it, something always sticks. I just try to rinse mine with a little bleach water every now & then so it won't be smelly.

As I mentioned, it's almost 3 years old, and it's still going strong. Definitely worth the $40 price tag! If you have kids or pets, check it out!


0 comments: