Monday's Meal

Monday, April 26, 2010

The other day I decided to make salmon patties for lunch, but I wanted to do something a little different with them. So I decided to experiment - and I really liked the results!

Asian Salmon Patties
(makes 2 patties)
1 6 oz. can salmon
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
1 TBSP. hoisin sauce
1 shallot (more or less to taste), minced
1 egg, lightly beaten

Combine ingredients and shape into patties. Fry in  a little melted butter over medium heat until heated through and golden brown.


I ate mine with sweet baby lettuces and Litehouse Pomegranate Blueberry vinaigrette. Yum! I wish I could find (or make) a vinaigrette that tasted like this dressing but wasn't as "gel-like". Anyone have any recommendations or recipes?

Yesterday, we ate lunch at The Pub. We haven't been there for awhile, so it was a treat. Luckily, it wasn't crowded at all, so we were seated right away. I really hate it when I have to wait more than 10-15 minutes to be seated. I had the grilled salmon on herbed flatbread with a pint of Strongbow Cider. Gus had the Pub Cuban with a pint of Harp lager. Yummy!







0 comments: