Thursday's Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I listen to music every day - even if it's just while I'm putting my makeup on in the morning. It's been a part of my daily life as long as I can remember. It's one of my greatest pleasures - and I credit my mom for this. She used to sing all of the time - wait, what am I saying? She still sings all of the time, LOL. When I was a kid, she used to buy those Reader's Digest sets of records and tapes. She had one that was music from the 50's - and I swear, I still can sing every lyric to every song in that collection. It's true what they say about the memory and music - you remember words set to music far more easily.


I'm always looking for new songs and artists to add to my collection - which is why I enjoy this Thursday's blog so much. Mary's Monday Musicology is great for music lovers. She introduces artists and songs, and tells you about free (legal) music downloads, etc. Through her blog, I've found several new artists that I really enjoy.

If you don't already know about amazon.com's mp3 downloads, be sure to check them out. A lot of their music is cheaper than iTunes, and they have hundreds of free songs! In addition to the catalogued freebies, they have a daily freebie, too. And they often have new album releases for $3.99! Yep, the same ones that are $9.99 and more on iTunes.

So check out Mary's Monday Musicology and let me know what you think!


0 comments: