Monday's Meal 5/10/10

Monday, May 10, 2010

I've been trying to find healthier food for lunch. Something that doesn't take much advanced planning and is fairly quick and easy to make/cook. I saw these salmon burgers at Sam's and decided to give them a shot.




You get 10 patties for $11.98 and they come packaged in two resealable bags - 5 patties per bag. There are 180 calories per pattie, 10g of fat (1.5g saturated fat), 1g of carbs, and 20g of protein.


I also found some frozen green beans at Kroger's for $2.29. They're Kroger's Private Selection brand, and are packaged in 4 individual serving bags that can be microwaved.



I pan-seared the salmon burger in a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil (it took about 10 minutes since the burger was frozen) - and after microwaving the green beans, I added just a bit of garlic powder, salt, and pepper.


Looks good, doesn't it? It was delicious!! If you haven't tried these burgers yet, you should give them a try - I highly recommend them!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

My fave way to prepare those is to pan "fry" in butter flavored non-stick spray and sprinkle with a touch of dill weed. I serve on one of those "sandwich thin" rolls from Orrowheat on a bed of flat leaf spinach and sometimes red onion. I make a spread with:
2 tblsp. lt. mayo
a dash of lemon juice
dash of LA hot sauce and a pinch of dill.
Delish! My fave lunch!

Kim said...

Ooh! That sounds yummy! I wondered if these were the same patties that I had heard you guys talking about!

Unknown said...

They are similar. What I get, I get at Aldi and at Costco when I'm near one. But they look just like what you have. Sooo good and good for you!