Monday's Margarita

Monday, July 12, 2010

Gus & I went out with friends this weekend, and I don't have a "Monday's Meal", so I thought I'd do a "Monday's Margarita" instead!

 
Since I adapted it from a recipe for Loco Lemonade, I guess I'll have to call it a Loco Lemonade Margarita...I made it in my Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker (MFCM), so if you're not using one of those, you'll need to add crushed ice or water to dilute the drink.

Loco Lemonade Margarita
(makes enough for two drinks)
 
3 lemons
1 1/2 oz. tequila
1 oz. grenadine
simple syrup*
about 10 ice cubes

Squeeze the lemons & put the juice in the MFCM container. Add tequila, grenadine, and simple syrup (I make my own simple syrup and store it in a Starbuck's pump bottle; I used about 6-7 pumps). Put the ice cubes in the top of the MFCM and turn it on (use the "shave & blend" setting).

Pour into glass and enjoy!!



*To make your own simple syrup, you'll need 2 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar. Put the water in a pan and bring to a boil. Add the sugar, reduce heat, and stir. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool, then pour into bottle. If refrigerated, it will keep 2-3 weeks.


0 comments: