Death at a Funeral

Monday, August 30, 2010


Gus and I watched "Death at a Funeral" last night. We saw the trailer in the theater several months ago and thought it looked like something we'd enjoy, but just now got around to actually watching it.

I believe it's a remake - but I didn't see the original. Basically, it's centered around the funeral of a man whose family has gathered to say their last goodbyes. With Chris Rock, Martin Lawrence, Tracy Morgan, and Luke Wilson as part of the cast, you can pretty much count on chaos and some unexpected twists.

In my opinion, James Marsden was the funniest person in the movie, followed by a crotchety Danny Glover (as Uncle Russell). Columbus Short (Brian) also had a few good scenes. "It's on my cheek!" made me laugh a lot, LOL.

Overall, I was a little disappointed with the movie. There were some really funny lines/scenes - but most of it just kind of fell flat. I was glad it was only 92 minutes long. I'd give it 2 out of 5 stars. It's good for a few laughs when you don't have anything else to watch, but I wouldn't go out of my way to rent it.


0 comments: