New favorite makeup brushes

Saturday, September 25, 2010

I have a lot of makeup brushes. How many is a lot? Since Gus reads this, let's just say it's more than 20. :-)

We all have our favorite brushes - the ones we reach for everyday - the ones we're sure to pack when we go on vacation. Right? I have about 10-12 that I use on a regular basis.

But I have four new favorites!! Three of them are new purchases and the other is one for which I have found new uses. Here they are:


From top to bottom:

506 Circular foundation brush - commonly referred to as a "skunk" brush because of the black/white color. It's similar to the $42 MAC 187 Duofibre brush. I only paid $11.20 for mine (on sale - reg. price is $16). I'm planning on picking up at least one more. I don't use mine for foundation - I use it for applying blush and bronzer. I also like it for applying finishing powders. It allows you to apply in small amounts & you can layer for more coverage/color.

Chisel crease brush - this one is similar to the $20 MAC 224 tapered blending brush. I only paid $7.50 (on sale - reg. price is $10). This one is sooooo nice for blending!! I use it to blend above the crease with the browbone area. It's so soft and doesn't muddy the colors.

High definition contour brush - I don't think MAC has a brush like this one, but it's basically a smaller, more dense version of the chisel crease brush. I only paid $11.55 for mine (on sale - reg. price $16.50). I like to use this one to apply & blend crease colors. it has a little more of a "point", so you can get into the crease with it.

500 Small concealer brush - this one is similar to the $19.50 MAC 194 concealer brush, but I only paid $5.25. (on sale - reg. price $7). This one is the best concealer brush I've ever used. I like it better than my taklon concealer brushes.

If you're wondering where I bought my brushes, they're some of the ones that I sell at IFP when I do special orders. But this is my personal blog, and I'm not trying to sell brushes. I just wanted to share these with you because they make applying makeup so much easier and I like them so much. I bet you can find similar Sonia Kashuk brushes at Target.

What are your favorite makeup brushes?


0 comments: