Daybreakers

Sunday, October 24, 2010

 
Yeah, yeah, I know. The movie came out last year. And the DVD came out in January. And the Netflix DVD has been sitting in my living room since July. But I'm just now getting around to watching it. Oops.

You know I love vampire movies. Well, except for those Twilight flicks. This movie isn't about pretty, sparkly vampires in love. This movie has a few nasty-looking creatures and gets pretty gory.

In a nutshell: most people are vampires, and the human population has dwindled. Blood is in short supply and no one has been able to make a synthetic product that works. (Apparently, they've never heard of Tru:Blood.) Ethan Hawke plays a vampire hematologist who is trying to create a synthetic blood product - but the company he works for doesn't really want a synthetic product. He eventually meets up with a group of humans and discovers a way to "cure" vampirism. But of course, not everyone wants to be cured. Mayhem, blood, & gore soon follow.

It was okay. It held my attention, but I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in the theater. It was a good movie to watch when I didn't have anything else to do, LOL. I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars.


0 comments: