The A-Team

Friday, December 31, 2010


Gus & I watched The A-Team the other night - I loved it! Gus saw it in October (it was the in-flight movie when he flew to Germany) and really liked it, so he was happy to watch it again with me.

I remember watching the TV series, but I don't think I ever really knew how the team ended up together doing the things they did. I think it was just one of those shows that I watched & liked, but didn't pay too much attention to the details (other than thinking that Dirk Benedict was cute, LOL). So I was glad that they explained those little details in the movie - even though it was updated to make them Iraq War vets court-martialed unjustly rather than Vietnam War vets court-martialed for robbing the Bank of Hanoi.

Liam Neeson was awesome as Hannibal - and of course, Bradley Cooper was really good as Face (and he did plenty of screen time shirtless so we could pay homage to his incredible abs). But Sharlto Copley was hilarious as Murdoch! I shall now forgive him for starring in the horrible, horrible film "District 9" (one of the only movies I ever considered walking out of...ick). And I never noticed this before, but he looks enough like Tim Roth to be his brother!

The plot twist was pretty easy to figure out early on, but there was still enough action and comedy to keep me interested for the entire movie. If you like the actors and/or action/comedy films, I think you'll enjoy this one. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.


0 comments: