St. Pete Beach, Day 2, part 2

Sunday, December 19, 2010

After visiting the winery, we decided to drive up the coast to Clearwater Beach. Just as we neared Madeira Beach, I started to get a little nervous. Why? Well, something you may not know about me is that while I love the beach, I am afraid of water - and bridges - and especially bridges over water. And the drawbridge was starting to go up...luckily, we were back far enough that I felt like I was on land and not stuck on the bridge over the water.


As we continued on our drive, I fell in love. With a house. I want to marry this house and live with it forever:


Once we reached Clearwater Beach, we decided to eat at the Palm Pavilion. It's a cool bar & grill located right on the beach - and they have live music. Even though it was a little chilly and really windy, we decided to eat outside. The food was good and so was the music - I would definitely go back.




I really loved Clearwater Beach. Everything is so clean, and there are a lot of stores and restaurants all within easy walking distance. If you want to be in the middle of the action, this is definitely the place to stay!


On the way back to St. Pete Beach, we decided to stop at John's Pass and take a look around. There are a lot of shops and restaurants, but for some reason, I wasn't impressed. It was okay, but I don't feel the need to go back.





And while we were there, the drawbridge went up again. But this time, it was okay because I was watching from the boardwalk.  ;-)


Later that night, we took a walk on the beach...



(it was really windy!)


We ate dinner at The Wharf in Pass-a-Grille Beach. Overall, it was pretty average - maybe even below average - except for the warm bread with honey butter. I don't think I would go back - and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Stay tuned for Day 3!


0 comments: