Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer

Friday, July 15, 2011

How many disappointing products have you tried in your search for the perfect concealer? If you're like me, it's way more than you expected - and you're tired of looking. Well, look no further!!


I read about Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer somewhere - and it had really good reviews. I've been wanting to try it for awhile now, but that would involve a trip to Sephora to get samples - and I always seem to forget.

Luckily, an Ulta recently opened about 5 miles from my house - and they carry Amazing Cosmetics. Gus & I stopped in there the other day to take advantage of the $7.99 Shaper hairspray deal, and while I was there, I asked for a sample of the Amazing Concealer. A salesperson helped me determine that Medium Beige was most likely the best color match, and she gave me a generous sample to take home. (There are 10 different shades.)

This stuff is truly AMAZING!! I love it! It has a wonderful consistency, is easy to apply, and offers great coverage. And you only need to use a tiny amount! They gave me about a teaspoon of product - I've used it for a week and I haven't even made a dent in the sample. I apply with a small concealer brush.)

This stuff stays in place all day long - even when I'm cleaning the house or exercising. It doesn't separate at all - it really is unnoticeable except for the fact that it has completely concealed whatever you were trying to conceal. Skin just looks like perfect skin.

Pros: great consistency, easy to apply, waterproof, no creasing, lasts until you remove it with cleanser, a tiny amount gives great coverage, doesn't look "cakey" under powder
Cons: ? - I can't think of any. Price may be a factor for some, but the smaller tube is affordable & should last a long time.
Repurchase? Yes - ASAP!!
Ingredients: Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Ozokerite, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cucumbar Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI77492)
Price: $28 for 0.2 oz., $42 for 0.5 oz.
Note: I was a little concerned about breakouts when I saw the first three ingredients, but so far, I haven't had any problems. If I do have issues down the road, I will update this review. Also - when the salesperson tried the Medium Beige concealer on my skin, I felt it was a little too light - but the darker ones seemed to have too much peach in them. After trying it for a week, the Medium Beige is definitely the right shade - so be sure to try the product for a few days before deciding on a color.


3 comments:

Crystal S. said...

Are you using it under your eyes? I have been tempted to try this, but when I tried it on my hand I thought it looked like it might get that "crepe paper" look under my eyes. I have yet to find a really, really good one.

Oh, off topic...have you tried/seen the Boscia BB Cream? It's fantastic and it doesn't smell like the other moisturizers, IMO. (I use that one, but haaaaaate the smell.)

Kim said...

I don't normally use concealer under my eyes - but - since I haven't slept well for the past 7 months, I have faint circles now. I tried the AC under my eyes & I love it! I apply the tiniest amount with a small concealer brush & it conceals without being obvious. After I'm finished applying all of my makeup, I go back & lightly dust with powder under my eyes & I haven't had any problems with caking (from the concealer) or smearing (from the eyeliner or mascara).

I've heard of the Boscia BB cream, but I haven't tried it yet. I like their products (except for the smell of ashes in the other moisturizers) - I've been using their Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment & I like that a lot. I'll have to see if I can get a sample of the BB cream!

Crystal S. said...

I could sleep for 10 hours a night, every night, and still have circles/shadows. Deep set eyes don't help. haha I always need concealer under my eyes. Thanks for letting me know it's not so likely to cake up. Maybe I'll try to get a sample of that. And the eye treatment!