Monday's Meal - Do-It-All Marinade

Monday, July 25, 2011

Gus & I really like a good marinade, so when i saw this recipe in one of the issues of "All You", I knew it would be one we would use a lot.

Do-It-All Marinade
Prep: 5 minutes
Yield: 2.5 cups
Cost per serving: $0.25

Ingredients:
3/4 c. olive oil
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. Worchestershire sauce
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
2 TBSP. lemon juice
2 TBSP. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. pepper
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 TBSP. finely chopped fresh parsley

Directions: Whisk all ingredients together. Pour marinade over chicken, steak, or pork; cover and chill meat for at least 5 hours. remove meat from marinade, discarding marinade. Pat meat dry and cook as desired.

PER SERVING (2 TBSP): 82 cal, 8g fat (1g sat), 0mg cholesterol, 0g fiber, 0g protein, 2g carbs, 43.1mg sodium

My notes: I used this on salmon - yummy!! I put the salmon in a gallon-size ziploc bag & poured about 1/2 c. of the marinade over it. Then I just zipped it up & popped it in the fridge with the fleshy part of the fish face-down in the marinade. No mess - no fuss - no clean-up - and my hands never touched the salmon! I let it marinate for about 5 hours (I know you're only supposed to marinate salmon about a half hour, but that doesn't give it enough flavor for us), then Gus grilled it. Absolutely delicious!! Even Buddy loved it.



I stored the rest of the marinade in a bottle in the fridge. I figure it should be good for at least a week, maybe two. I have some pork & chicken, so I plan to try the marinade on that as well.


0 comments: