Navarre Beach, Day 1

Friday, October 14, 2011

As I mentioned yesterday, my wonderful husband, Gus, recently took me to Florida for a week to celebrate my upcoming 50th birthday. We love the Destin area, but this time we opted to stay in a penthouse condo on Navarre Beach (which is about halfway between Pensacola & Destin).


We stayed at the Beach Colony Resort (in the east building), which is on the east end of Navarre Beach, just a couple of doors down from the Navarre Pier and Navarre Beach Park. We were on the 17th floor, which afforded us a gorgeous view at all hours. Karen, the condo owner, was a dream to work with, and she has thought of just about everything to make her condo "like home".



I can't say enough about the view from the balcony. It was simply stunning - and so relaxing to just sit out there & soak it all in. You could literally feel the stress just float away.



Even the view from the 17th floor elevator lobby was gorgeous!


I happened to find a Groupon deal for a local restaurant, Guglielmo's, so we decided to give that a try our first night there. Fabulous!! With our Groupon deal, we paid $29 for an appetizer, two entrees (which included salad, bread, & dipping oil), and two glasses of the house wine. Great deal! For the appetizer, we had the fried mozzarella with homemade marinara - yummy! For the entree - I had the cappellini Toscana, and Gus had the veal piccata. Simply delicious! But the best thing of all was the bread with dipping oil. Oh. My. Gosh. The dipping oil had garlic, basil, & red pepper flakes and I swear, it was like crack. We ate 3 loaves of bread!! So if you ever make it to the Destin area, I highly recommend Guglielmo's (they have several locations).



We were pretty tired after getting up at 4am - and after stuffing ourselves with all of the carbs at Guglielmo's, LOL - so we called it a night pretty early. But not before enjoying the sunset from our balcony & the beach.


These next two pics are two of my favorites!!



Stay tuned for Day 2!!


0 comments: