Navarre Beach Day 5, part 2

Friday, October 21, 2011

Later on Day 5, we drove to Harborwalk Village in Destin. This is a really interesting place that is located on the right just as you cross the bridge into Destin from Ft. Walton Beach. The first thing you see is the huge Emerald Grande condo complex. As you wander around, you'll find shops, restaurants, bars, and Harborwalk Marina where you can get info/sign up for sailing charters, sunset cruises, dolphin cruises, rent jet-skis, etc.





We decided to eat at Poppys's Crazy Lobster since it was right on the harbor and had a great view. We had the fried pickles for an appetizer. I think that's the first fried food I've had in several months, LOL! And honestly, I don't remember what we had as entrees other than that Gus had mahi mahi & I had grouper. It was pretty good. Not great - but pretty good.



The view from our table was incredible, and since it was sunset, we got to see all of the boats coming in to dock. We also saw a pod of dolphins playing in the harbor, incredibly close to the marina. There must've been at least 10-15 of them, maybe more.




I swear these are my most favorite shades of pink & purple!! Especially when viewed at the beach with a cold drink in my hand (and Gus by my side, of course!).

Stay tuned for Day 6!


0 comments: