Movie reviews

Friday, June 29, 2012

Gus and I have seen a few movies lately, so I thought I'd talk about them a little. Let's start with the one I liked the most...


The Avengers - Oh. Mighty. Hammer. Of. Thor. (*fanning self*) There is a lot of eye candy in this movie. Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is my favorite - both the character and the actor. I'm a Mark Ruffalo fan, too, and I loved him as The Hulk. Robert Downey, Jr. as Ironman is witty as usual, but we don't see much of Pepper Potts (Gwenyth Paltrow). I even liked Loki (Tom Hiddleston). Next is Captain America (Chris Evans). Yeah, he's nice to look at, but I'm not overly impressed with his character. Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) and Black Widow (Scarlet Johansson) were my least favorite characters. It's an action-packed movie & I highly recommend it. You don't need to have seen the previous Marvel movies, but it does help. 5 out of 5 stars!!


Men in Black 3 - Another Men in Black movie. If you liked the first two, then you'll like this one. I enjoyed it a lot. There's even a plot twist at the end that I bet most people don't see coming - I didn't, and I figure plots out all the time (which is why Buddy won't sit next to me, and when he does have to sit next to me he looks at me and says "just don't"). I'm not a Josh Brolin fan at all, but I don't think they could've found a better person to play a young Tommy Lee Jones. He definitely stole the show. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

And one that we saw back before I had the latest surgery:


Underworld Awakening - You know I love werewolves and vampires - and I love the Underworld movies. This one was no exception. Plenty of action, pretty cool plot that definitely leaves an opening for another movie. Selene (Kate Beckinsale) is the main focus of the movie this time, and you only get to see Michael (Scott Speedman) in old footage. But there is a new kid on the block, so that's pretty interesting. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

And a couple of movies we watched on DVD:


Tower Heist - this movie stars Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy, so I thought it would be hilarious - especially with Alan Alda as the "bad" guy. Not so much. It was okay, but not as good as I thought it would be. 2.5 stars out of 5.


Apollo 18 - All I'm going to say is that I stopped watching it after the first 20 minutes. It gets no stars.



0 comments: