Aveeno Tinted Moisturizer

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

If you read my review on the Cover Girl products the other day, then you saw that I mentioned also purchasing an Aveeno product. I'm going to review that product now - it's called Positively Ageless Correcting Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30. I bought this at ulta.com, and the price was $19.99.



I love that this product is in an airless pump bottle! Less mess, the product doesn't get contaminated or exposed to air - it's great. Unfortunately, that's where the greatness ends. I will say that the consistency of the product isn't bad. It's creamy and smooth - there's no separation like you sometimes see in products that have a higher SPF. However, it's too thick and is difficult to blend. It also has a pretty strong fragrance - both a sunscreen smell and a perfume smell - and it's not pleasant. Another drawback is that the color is really orange-y.




Lulu has a different Aveeno tinted moisturizer - hers is called Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30. She doesn't really like hers either. It's in a different type of pump bottle, and the product is not smooth at all. It appears to be separated and when you try to smoosh it around to mix it, it's a little lumpy. Ick. The color is better, but she has the lightest shade, which would never work for me while I have a sunless tan.

My plan is to return this product to Ulta - and buy something else. :-)


0 comments: