Maybelline Dream Fresh Beauty Balm

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Continuing on with my tinted moisturizer adventure, I bought Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector. Is BB Cream a tinted moisturizer? Sort of - but it does a little more than the typical tinted moisturizer.

Beauty Balm (sometimes referred to as Blemish Balm) is a single product that perfects the skin's appearance while also protecting it from the sun and environmental factors. Some also offer other benefits - but it varies from product to product.

Here's the "8" in Maybelline's 8-in-1:
  • Blurs imperfections
  • Brightens
  • Evens skin-tone
  • Smoothes
  • Hydrates
  • Enhances
  • Protects with SPF 30
  • 0% Oils and heavy ingredients
I purchased mine at the local Ulta store - it was $8.99, plus the Maybelline products were buy one, get one 50% off - and I was able to use a $3.50 off $10 coupon. So I got the BB Cream & a lipstick for $9 and change - great deal!!


The store had a display set up in the center aisle, and they had little tester bottles of all the colors. I really appreciate it when a store does that! This product comes in five different shades (most BB creams come in one or two): light, light/medium, medium, medium/deep, and deep. After trying both the medium and medium-deep, I picked the medium-deep. I almost never need anything this shade, so I think the colors tend to run a little light.


In the above picture, you can see that the sunless tan on my hand is a little uneven - and the lighting is a bit off, so the BB cream looks a little on the orange side (it's not).


As you can see, once the product was blended, the color on my hand looks more natural, and the uneven areas of color are not noticeable. This picture is a more accurate indication of the color.

This product is really nice - especially for the price. It has a creamy consistency, no fragrance (that I noticed), it's easy to apply and blend, and you can layer it for more coverage. It is a little on the sheer side, but as I said, you can layer it - and you can also use concealer (I use Amazing Cosmetics' Amazing Concealer in medium beige), and powder (I use a mix of Meow Cosmetics' Pampered Puss Naughty Chartreux & Flawless Feline Fierce Chartreux). For me, it lasted all day with a light dusting of powder, and I didn't notice any more oiliness than usual - as a matter of fact, there may have been less oil. Plus, it did seem to make my skin look a little more smooth - I like that!

Bottom line - I still like Cover Girl NatureLuxe foundation best, but this is a close second. It's a nice product, and I would buy it again.



0 comments: