Sherlock Holmes

Tuesday, January 26, 2010



Two weeks ago, I saw Sherlock Holmes with my family. I am a huge fan of Robert Downey, Jr., and I have to say, I felt he made Sherlock Holmes his own. I'm not a fan of Jude Law at all, but I even liked him as Dr. Watson. I read a Sherlock Holmes novel many, many years ago, so other than knowing that he solved mysteries with Dr. Watson & had a nemesis named Professor Moriarity, I didn't know anything about him or have any expectations for the movie.

Overall, I thought the movie was good. There was a lot of action & humor - two of my favorite things in a movie. There is a fair portion of the movie that "touches" on the occult, so if that sort of thing offends you, you probably won't like this movie. A little adult language, a little skin, but nothing majorly offensive. The one thing I found annoying was the way they had Holmes 'thinking out' how he would do certain things - they would play the scene in slow motion with him narrating what he'd do, then they'd play it again in real time with him doing what he'd just determined was the best plan of action. Overall, I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars - and most of those are for Robert Downey, Jr.

You can watch the official trailer here.


0 comments: