Legion

Tuesday, January 26, 2010


I saw Legion today with my son. I know the critics hated it, but as is usually the case, we loved it! There was a bit of an 'ick' factor, but there was also a lot of action/horror thrills. Paul Bettany was awesome as Michael - and for a tall, skinny guy, he was pretty hot. Is is wrong to lust after an angel - even if he's just an angel in a movie? Dennis Quaid (Bob), as usual, does a great job playing a crusty, bitter guy who has a good heart, even though he keeps it well-hidden. Tyrese Gibson (Kyle) provided some additional eye candy - although much to my dismay, he didn't remove his shirt. Lucas Black (Jeep) kind of bugged me - I don't really know why. It wasn't the character, I think it was just his portrayal. Willa Holland's (Audrey) character reminded me of Avril Lavigne and while I liked her character, I had a hard time getting past that, LOL. 

To me, the last 10-15 minutes of the movie were the best. I thought most of it was unexpected, and oddly enough, left me with tears in my eyes. I was very moved by Michael's last scene. Both the opening & closing scenes reminded me very much of the first Terminator movie where Sarah Conner is driving and talking to her unborn son. I'd give the movie 4.5 out of 5 stars. I'll probably even buy it on DVD. 

You can watch the official trailer here.



0 comments: