Upcoming movies!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I've seen a few trailers over the past couple of weeks, so I thought I'd share some of my thoughts here.

From Paris With Love (Feb. 5, 2010) - directed by Pierre Morel; starring John Travolta, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Kasia Smutniak, Richard Durden. I love, love, love John Travolta. And he is at his best when he's playing a crazy guy with a gun - plus he looks kinda hot with an earring & no hair, LOL. Looks like a good action flick - and with John in it, there will undoubtedly be humor as well. I'll definitely be seeing this.
 

The Wolfman (Feb. 12, 2010) - directed by Joe Johnston; starring Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt, Hugo Weaving, Art Malik. I love werewolf movies. I love Anthony Hopkins. I'll definitely be seeing this one, too. 
 

The Crazies (Feb. 26, 2010) - directed by Breck Eisner; starring Timothy Olyphant, Radha Mitchell, Danielle Panabaker, Joe Anderson. Um, no. Make that 'Hell No'. The trailer creeped me out & scared the bejeezus out of me. I'm all for scary movies, but I don't think I'd like this one.
 

Death at a Funeral (Apr. 16, 2010)- directed by Neil LaBute; starring Loretta Devine, Peter Dinklage, Ron Glass, Danny Glover, Regina Hall, Martin Lawrence, James Marsden, Tracy Morgan, Chris Rock, Zoe Saldana, Columbus Short, Luke Wilson. Star-studded cast that was hysterically funny in the trailer. I will definitely be seeing this one! Who knew a funeral could be so funny? Do yourself a favor - if you like irreverent humor - watch the trailer!
 

MacGruber (Apr. 23, 2010) - directed by Jorma Taccone; starring Will Forte, Ryan Phillippe, Kristen Wiig, Val Kilmer, Powers Boothe, Maya Rudolph. I liked the MacGuyver TV series, and I like humor - and I'm assuming this is supposed to be a comedic parody of that. Not feeling it, though. And it's not just because Val Kilmer looks bad & should never, ever wear a Steven Seagal ponytail. I probably won't even bother to see this one on DVD.
 

A Nightmare on Elm Street (Apr.26, 2010) - directed by Samuel Bayer; starring Jackie Earle Haley, Rooney Mara, Kyle Gallner, Thomas Dekker, Kellan Lutz, Katie Cassidy, Connie Britton. I'm not a fan of Freddy, so this didn't look that great to me. However, my son loves all of the Freddy movies & he assures me that he won't be missing this one. So if you're a fan, you'll probably want to see it - even if it's just to see how it measures up to the original.
 

Iron Man 2 (May 7, 2010) - directed by Jon Favreau; starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Jon Favreau, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Garry Shandling, John Slattery, Kate Mara, Clark Gregg, Olivia Munn. Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark/Ironman - need I say more?? I love the Marvel Comics movies, and I expect this sequel to be just as good as the first Ironman. And plenty of AC/DC tunes! It's unfortunate that Mickey Rourke is in it, but I'll get over it.
 

Takers (May 14, 2010) - directed by John Luessenhop; starring Matt Dillon, Paul Walker, Idris Elba, Jay Hernandez, Tip "T.I." Harris, Michael Ealy, Chris Brown, Hayden Christensen. Can you say hunka-hunka-burning love?? Well, with the exception of Chris Brown - I hate that he gets any publicity at all. I think I would pay just to see Paul Walker, Jay Hernandez, & Hayden Christensen in the same movie. Lustful sigh. Oh - the plot looks good, too.
 

The Last Airbender (July 2, 2010) - directed by M. Night Shyamalan; starring Noah Ringer, Nicola Peltz, Jackson Rathbone, Dev Patel, Jessica Jade Andres, Aasif Mandvi, Shaun Toub, Cliff Curtis, Keong Sim. I'm undecided. It looks like it might be a good action flick, but I'm not a fan of M. Night Shyamalan.
 

Inception (July 16, 2010) - directed by Christopher Nolan; starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Tom Berenger, Michael Caine. Looks like it could be a good sci-fi action/thriller, but also looks like it might be a little too freaky sci-fi for my taste.


0 comments: