Cupcake Love!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cupcakes
I love cupcakes. What's not to love? Well, other than the fact that sometimes it's difficult to eat them without making a mess. Which is why I usually prefer to indulge at home. I don't even have to eat one to enjoy it - if it's pretty enough, I'm happy just to look at it. I admit, I have Googled "cupcake pictures" just to ooh and ahh over their loveliness. 

One of my goals for 2010 is to learn how to make fancy cupcakes. So I've spent a fair amount of time scouring the internet, looking for the best cupcake sites. I thought I'd share some of my favorites - and hopefully, if you have some, you'll share yours with me.


"Cupcake Swirl supplies individuals as well as small business owners, with baking supplies including; cupcake liners, cupcake wrappers, cupcake packaging, cupcake decorations, cupcake stands,cupcake labels, cupcake aprons as well as retro inspired novelties, greeting cards, invitations & party supplies."
They also have a blog


Bake It Pretty sells all sorts of cupcake and baking supplies. Everything looks wonderful! They have a blog, you can follow them on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook, and also find them on Flickr.



All Things Cupcake is one of my favorite cupcake sites. I'm not going to say too much about them here, because they're going to be featured as "Thurday's Blog" tomorrow.


 

The Cupcakes Take the Cake blog is another outstanding cupcake site. It's pink, which gives it high marks in my book - and it is just overflowing with anything & everything you could ever want to know about cupcakes. You can follow them on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook, find them on Flickr, as well as several other online communities.

Some other blogs that I follow are:


Cup-a-Cake has to be the most ingenious cupcake "tool" ever!
"This unique container will hold a muffin or frosted cupcake in place with prongs positioned in such a way that the muffin or cupcake will not move within the container if jiggled or turned upside down. Your gourmet cupcakes will stay perfect, frosting and all!"
Cup-a-Cake container must be hand washed. Works for cupcakes measuring approximately 2 1/2" by 2 3/4" (width, height).
$2.99 each, 4-pack $9.99


A couple of cupcakeries near me:
 
 
Maribelle Cakery in Cincinnati


AbbyGirlSweets a cupcakery in Cincinnati

If you know of other outstanding cupcake sites or blogs, please let me know! I'm also interested in what absolutely essential supplies I might need to get started on my magikal cupcake journey!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

To make fancy cupcakes, you need Wilton's icing tip 1M and a good icing recipe. I'll share mine with you if you want. It's mega delish!!

Kim said...

I want! I want!! I assume I can buy the tip at Michael's or Hobby Lobby? I have a cloth pastry/icing bag, so I can use that, right?