Dewey's Pizza

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dewey's Pizza is awesome! Unfortunately, they have limited locations: The Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area, Columbus, Dayton, Cleveland, and St. Louis. You should definitely give it a try if you ever have the chance.

Their salads are really good. We ate there last Wednesday, and I had a side house salad with my pizza. It's made with field greens, romaine lettuce, sun-dried cranberries, toasted pine nuts, and goat cheese, topped with a delicious balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

 
Dewey's side house salad

The pizza is yummy, too. There are a ton of combinations you can create (they even offer gourmet toppings), or you can order one of their specialty pizzas. You can watch them toss the dough - there is a huge glass window that wraps around the kitchen. I'm not a huge fan of pizza crust (I usually give mine to my husband), but if I was going to eat the crust, it would be at Dewey's. It's probably the best pizza crust I've ever tasted. The red sauce is good, too - not too spicy, not too sweet - just the way pizza sauce should be, IMO!
  
 
pizza w/ red sauce, extra cheese, & mushrooms (on half)

 
pizza w/white sauce, cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes (on half)

The beverage menu consists of soft drinks, tea, and a nice selection of beer & wine. I like that they offer "local" beer - so the selection is different depending upon the location. On Wednesday, I had the Hook and Ladder beer from Maryland. It was quite good. One of my favorites is a summer offering - it's called Summer Shandy, and it's beer mixed with lemonade. I know it sounds gross - I thought so, too, until I tried it. It's very flavorful, goes down well with pizza, and is especially refreshing in the summer heat.

The dessert menu also varies with location, because they serve desserts from local bakeries. My favorite is the Opera Cream Torte (which is very much like the chocolate lasagna Olive Garden used to have on their menu - but better!) from The Bonbonerie. It's super rich, so in my opinion, it's best shared or saved for later.
 
 
The Bonbonerie's opera cream torte

I think I'll be cooking at home today. I haven't decided what to make yet. I think I'll take a look at Kevin & Amanda's recipe blog & see if I have the ingredients for any of their goodies.

What are you eating today?


0 comments: