Happy National Banana Bread Day!!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I love banana bread, but who knew it had it's own day??!! That totally rocks.
National Banana Bread Day!
 I don't really have a favorite banana bread recipe - at least not one that makes me say "OMG, I have to make that banana nut bread, it is just sooooooo good". However, I do have a 'healthy" version that I think is really good (but my family hates - which is okay because that means there is more for me). The original recipe can be found here.

Banana Blueberry Muffins
3 lg. bananas, mashed
1-1/4 c. blueberries
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. unbleaches white flour
1 large egg
1/3 c. Smart Balance
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
8 TBSP. agave nectar 

Directions:
Mash ripe bananas and add lightly beaten egg. Add softened Smart Balance and agave nectar - mix well, Stir in blueberries. In separate bowl mix dry ingredients - then gently stir into wet mix. Place in lightly greased muffin tins (or use liners). Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

If you prefer not to use eggs, I have substituted 1 TBSP. soy flour & 1 TBSP. water, and that works well.

If you have a wonderful banana nut bread recipe, I'd love to have it!


0 comments: