Happy Valentine's Day!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Today I went to lunch with my husband & son. We went to our favorite Chinese restaurant, Raymond's Hong Kong Cafe. They are just the best! Fast, friendly service - and the food is always served piping hot. Delicious! I decided to try something other than my usual chicken & mixed vegetables - I got the shrimp pan-fried noodles. I meant to take a picture of it, but I was so hungry, I forgot! LOL! I did remember to take a picture of the dessert we all shared. It's called Cheese Xango and it's basically light, fluffy cheesecake filling inside a flaky pastry crust. It's topped with a dollop of whipped cream & a drizzle of chocolate. I'm not a cheesecake fan, but this is really quite tasty. In honor of Valentine's Day, they served it on a plate drizzled with raspberry sauce & topped with red, white, & pink sprinkles. I ate the one in the center. :-)

 Cheese Xango

They misspelled "Valentine's", but it's the thought that counts, and I thought it was very festive. Of course, you always get the obligatory fortune cookies with the bill - but they are the tastiest fortune cookies ever. My fortune was good today:

 
Yay, me!

Another lovely surprise - as we were leaving, they gave me a red rose. So sweet! They did the same on Mother's Day last year. Did I mention that I love this place? I have never had anything at this restaurant that I didn't like - it's that good. Their maximum capacity is about 75 - and on any given day, you'll usually find 10-12 people dining at the same time - but they always treat you like you are their best, favorite customer.

Here are my Valentine's Day flowers (from my husband - with the red rose from the restaurant added in) - I absolutely love the pink roses (there are more in there, but you can only see a couple in the picture)!
Valentine's Day flowers

He also got me several books from Barnes & Noble - I love to read! I bought him a new watch to replace the one I bought him less than a year ago(the one he already managed to break). LOL! Needless to say, he's never getting an expensive watch since the average lifespan of a watch in his possession is less than a year. I still have a watch he bought me around 10 years ago - other than new bands & batteries, it still works. Just saying.

I'm going to try to enjoy the rest of the day and ignore the fact that we're supposed to get more snow over the next 4 days - up to 8 additional inches! Argh!! I live in Kentucky, not Minnesota. I didn't sign up for all of this snow!

I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend!


0 comments: