Valentine's Day playlists

Friday, February 12, 2010

I <3 my iPod, and I love making playlists for it. So in honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share a few with you.


First, I have the "Valentine's Day Sucks" playlist. This is for those who hate sappy love songs, or just broke up with their significant other, or who just like a good "kiss my ass" song. I will warn you - not all of these songs are appropriate for sensitive ears. No surprise there - especially to those who know me. Enjoy!
  1. Kerosene - Miranda Lambert
  2. Song for the Dumped - Ben Folds Five
  3. You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette
  4. Love Stinks - J. Geils Band
  5. Die Die My Darling - Metallica
  6. Goodbye to You - The Veronicas
  7. F*** It (I Don't Want You Back) - Eamon
  8. Cry Me A River - Justin Timberlake
  9. Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
  10. 99 Problems - Jay-Z
  11. I'll Take You Back - Brad Paisley
  12. If Looks Could Kill - Heart
  13. Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
  14. My Give A Damn's Busted - Jo Dee Messina
  15. (I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone - The Monkees
  16. Goodbye Says It All - SheDaisy
  17. Kiss This - Aaron Tippin
  18. (Can't Make a Ho a )Housewife - Dr. Dre
  19. Gives You Hell - All-American Rejects
  20. You F***ed Up - Ween


And for those who insist upon having some love-inspiring Valentine's Day music, I offer this playlist:
  1. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
  2. 1 2 3 4 - Plain White T's
  3. Everything - Michael Bublé
  4. The One I Love - REM
  5. Grow Old With You - Stephen Lynch
  6. Eep Op Ork Ah-Ah - Violent Femmes
  7. I'm Into Something Good - Herman's Hermits
  8. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
  9. This Kiss - Faith Hill
  10. I've Got You Under My Skin - Frank Sinatra
  11. I Could Not Ask for More - Edwin McCain
  12. When You Say Nothing At All - Alison Krauss
  13. Valentine - Martina McBride & Jim Brickman
  14. Our Song - Taylor Swift
  15. You're The First, The Last, My Everything - Barry White
  16. Puppy Love - Donny Osmond
  17. Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
  18. Love Remains the Same - Gavin Rossdale
  19. Fooled Around and Fell in Love - Elvin Bishop
  20. I Wanna Hold Your Hand - The Beatles


A few years ago, I made a playlist for Valentine's Day and I included songs that have the word(s) sugar, sweet, candy, and that sort of thing (and I added a few new ones):
  1. Sugar, Sugar - The Archies
  2. Sweet Child O'Mine - Guns-n-Roses
  3. Sugar (Gimme Some) - Trick Daddy
  4. I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
  5. Brown Sugar - The Rolling Stones
  6. Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard
  7. Candy - Mandy Moore
  8. Lollipop (Candyman) - Aqua
  9. Lips Like Sugar - Mikey Dread & Seal
  10. Candy - Will Smith
  11. Candy Shop - 50 Cent & Olivia
  12. Eye Candy - Josh Turner
  13. Sex & Candy - Marcy Playground
  14. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) - The Four Tops
  15. Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics (or Marilyn Manson)
  16. Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
  17. Candyman - Christina Aguilera
  18. The Sweetest Taboo - Sade
  19. Constant Craving - K. D. Lang
  20. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Be sure to leave a comment or email me with your favorite "Valentine" songs!



0 comments: