Thursday's Blog 2/11/10

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I love to read blogs - and I thought a good way to share some of my favorites with you would be to feature one every week. So starting today, every Thursday I will talk about one of my favorite blogs. I would love to hear about your favorite blogs, too - I'm always looking for new blogs to read!

 

This week's pick is amandaandkevin.com. They have several blogs - but one of my favorites is Fonts for Peas. They have over 300 free handwriting fonts that you can download. You may have noticed the cool font I used for my blog name & sidebar titles - that is their Hurry Up Beck font! They provide detailed instructions on how to install the fonts on your computer & also on how to use them in your blog. One problem you can encounter when using an "unusual" font on your blog is that unless you go through the proper steps, readers who don't have that font installed on their computers will not be able to see the font on your blog. So that makes part of your blog unreadable. Kevin & Amanda provide instructions on how to avoid this problem. The instructions are virtually fool-proof! I say "virtually" because I've read through some of the comments left on their blog & it's readily apparent that some people don't bother to read the instructions or poke around the site to find answers before asking the same question over & over again, LOL!


They also have a recipe blog. I swear, just looking at the pictures had me drooling on the keyboard! I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, but I can tell you that the Shrimp & Sausage Gumbo and the Best Chocolate Cake will be at the top of my list! Take a look - I'm sure you'll find at least one recipe that you can't wait to try.

 

And if you're into scrapbooking, they also have free scrapbook fonts that you can download. I haven't scrapbooked in years, but if I did, I would definitely be using their fonts. 

Check them out - and let me know what you think! And don't forget to leave a comment or email me with some of your favorite blogs!



0 comments: