Springpad personal organizer

Saturday, March 6, 2010


I know I've already mentioned Springpad a couple of times, but I didn't really go into any details about it. One of my readers mentioned that she is finding it very useful (glad to hear that, Julie!), so I thought I'd tell everyone a little more about it. It is one of the handiest organizational tools ever!

Springpad is basically an online organizational notebook that allows you to "file" information on pages. It allows you to sort/organize everything in the way that works best for you. You can make lists, create events (and connect w/ Gmail), save favorite recipes/restaurants/movies, Christmas card lists, medical information, and even track calories. And it's all in one place!

I love that you have the ability to make any or all of your information private. You can make some things available to the public (like recipes) and still keep personal things private. So no need to worry that everyone on the internet knows how much you weigh & what you ate for dinner last night, LOL!

There are free apps available for your use, or you can create your own. Examples of the available apps:
  • Weekly Meal Planner
  • Wine Notebook
  • Favorite Recipes
  • Calorie Tracker
  • Movie Tracker
  • Class Notebook
  • Packing Lists
  • Travel Checklists
  • Party Planner
  • Christmas Card Log
  • Meeting Minutes
  • Household Budget
  • My Pet's Information
  • Blog Post Planner
So you can see that Springpad can be used for a lot of different things. What's great for me is that I don't have to wonder where I put the info/file - and I don't have a ton of unnecessary folders filling up my file cabinet/hard drive. Everything is in one spot - available to me in just a few clicks.

To make it even easier to add things to your Springpad, there is a "Spring It" button that you can drag & drop on your browser's link bar - then when you see something on the internet that you want to add, you just click on that button instead of having to open another tab/window to access your account. So easy!

You can also access your Springpad account from your iPhone/Blackberry - just type in my.springpadit.com and log into your account. Once you do that, if you have an iPhone, just tap the + at the bottom of the page, then tap 'add to home screen', and now you have an icon that will take you directly to your Springpad page! So if I'm at the doctor (or vet) and I can't remember info that they need or something that I wanted to ask them, I can just access Springpad & have the info in a few seconds.

They have a blog which has a section on using Springpad - all sorts of useful tips! You can also follow them on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.

I really recommend that you try it out! And if you do - let me know how you like it!


0 comments: