St. Patrick's Day fun!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010


 If I was going to go out for St. Patrick's Day, this is what I'd want to wear:

St. Patrick's Day


But I'm staying in, so I'll probably just be wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. And I don't have a green sweatshirt, darn it. I'll think of something. I do have a bright green trench coat, but my kids say I look like a green M&M in it. I need to get a sweatshirt that says "Ireland" on the front.

Remember that cupcake recipe I posted from Annie's Eats? The one for Chocolate Guinness Stout cupcakes? Well, I used that recipe again (substituting Young's Double Chocolate Stout for the Guinness) - this time to make St. Paddy's Day cupcakes. The recipe says it makes 24 cupcakes, but I was able to make 24 full-size cupcakes and 40 mini cupcakes from one batch. I modified this recipe for buttercream frosting.

My modifications:
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 6 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tsp. gourmet vanilla extract
Here's the result:




Hey, I know those little green candies aren't shamrocks, but they're green & I'm just going to go with it! LOL!

Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh! Happy St. Patrick's Day!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Me likey them shoes :)

Kim said...

Of course, they're the one thing you focused on - you're so predictable! You should buy them for me. :-)