Must-haves!!!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

These are just a few things that I'm loving right now...

1) Love, love, love these Croco Clips from Sally's! I section my hair when I use the flat iron, and most clips aren't strong enough to hold the weight of my hair - but these clips totally rock!!!! Price $5.99 for 4 clips, $5.49 for Beauty Club members.


2) Speaking of Sally's Beauty Club...
If you don't already have a Sally's Beauty Club membership, I highly recommend getting one! The fee is $5 per year, and you get a discount on everything in the store (and online). All things are marked with the regular price & the Beauty Club price, so you can instantly see how much you save. Even if you only buy a few things a year, it doesn't take long for the card to pay for itself!

3) Another thing I love is my Sony Energy Cycle Battery Charger! I've had mine for a little over a year now, and I can't imagine being without it. I've had rechargeable batteries in the past, but I hated how they would lose the charge so quickly - especially in a camera that you may not use very often. You go to use the camera, and the batteries are almost completely discharged. Annoying!!! But these batteries hold their charge even when they're not being used!


I bought mine at amazon.com, but it looks like they no longer sell that model (although it's available from other vendors). They do offer a larger model that charges 4 batteries at a time, and the price is $15.87, and that includes 4 AA batteries (this is close to what I paid for my 2 battery model, so it's a good deal). It features a flip-down plug (so it's really compact for storage at home or in your luggage), and an automatic charge cut-off timer. A 4 pack of AA batteries is $12.52 at amazon.com. The batteries can be recharged up to 1000 times, and they hold 85% of their charge even after 1 year of storage. They also arrive charged & ready to use!

4) I absolutely cannot be without Febreze NOTICEables in the Clothesline Breeze/Meadow Songs scent. Trust me - if you have teen spirit in your house, this gets rid of it. Since Buddy is no longer a teen, I guess it's just "funk" and not "teen spirit" that I smell in his room now. The air freshener just smells fresh & clean - not perfumey or like it's covering the odors.


5) And I love the dispenser bottles of Tide, Gain, and Downy. I buy mine at Sam's (the Tide and Gain run around $18 and the Downy is around $12) and they last 2-3 months! I really like that I only have to press a button to fill the cup with the detergent or fabric softener. No lifting heavy containers & trying to pour without spilling or wrenching your shoulder.


You do need to rinse the caps after dispensing the products - and I keep a microfiber cloth nearby to wipe them out if needed. Then I can just throw the cloth in the wash. But these bottles are just so handy! They are the 170 oz., 110 load bottles - and they fit perfectly on a 12" shelf. It would really be nice if P&G would come up with a way to refill these bottles - for instance, if you could just take them to the store and refill them at a dispensing station - it would save money and resources!

What are some of the things you can't live without?


0 comments: