Thursday's Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cancer sucks. I think just about everyone has had cancer touch their lives in one way or another. And it sucks.

My Papa (grandfather) died of prostate cancer in 2006 and my dad died of stomach cancer in 2008. I have a dear friend who had melanoma and cervical cancer - thank God she is a cancer survivor.


My blog pick for this week is i kicked cancer's @ss. The blog's author is Meaghan, a 32 year old cancer survivor. She was diagnosed with end-stage cervical cancer at age 28. Her story is incredible.

On her blog, you can read stories from people who are fighting cancer and from those who have kicked cancer's ass. You can also find information resources as well as links to sites that donate part of their proceeds to various cancer organizations.

Meaghan also founded Spirit Jump, "a grassroots nonprofit organization with a mission to provide hope and comfort to the many men, women and children battling cancer. Spirit Jump accomplishes this by providing uplifting cards and inspirational gifts during this most difficult time." 

If you have time, check out Meaghan's blog - and make sure you have some tissues handy. The stories are very moving, and you'll see incredible strength of spirit.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for making this blog rec, Kim.
And thank you for always giving me something good to read while I'm having my dinner. : )