Father's Day gift ideas

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm sure y'all have already purchased Father's Day gifts for the Dad(s) on your list, but just in case, I've come up with a few last-minute gift ideas.
 
1) This is one of Gus's gifts - and I had to give it to him already, so it's okay to talk about it. He whined & whined about how his grill needed to be cleaned and that he was going to have to go buy a brush for it, yada, yada, yada. Of course, I had already purchased the Grill Daddy Pro Grill Brush, and I couldn't let him go buy another brush - so I had to give him his gift early. I purchased mine from amazon.com for $21.11 (it's showing the price as $18.97 now) - a replacement brush for $9.00 (it's showing the price as $10.13 now) - and got free second day shipping with my Amazon Prime membership.


2) This one made me laugh so hard I had tears running down my face! They're...well, maybe I'll just copy what it says on Etsy...

Offered by dippylulu; When love doesn't smell so sweet...Lovely Lites $6


"Love may be blind, but that doesn’t mean that all your senses are disabled. So when your Sir Galahad or Lady Guinevere pollutes the atmosphere, you need to take defensive measures.

These Lovely Lites will reassure your sweetie that you’ll still care for them even when they drop a big one—as long as they atone for their offense by striking a Lovely Lite."

The poems on the boxes are hilarious!!
"Roses are red and so is your face - use these lites and avoid disgrace"
"Roses are red and I think you're cute - but please use these lites whenever you toot"
"Roses are red you stinky poo - I'd use these lites if I were you"

3) For the caramel corn lover, there is Delicieux Caramel Popcorn $12 (10 oz. in a vintage tin) on Etsy from lesdelicieux:


4) Last year, we bought Gus a Pawley Island hammock - probably one of the best gifts we've ever given him! His is similar to the one pictured - but it has green ropes instead of red.


5) Have a Star Wars fan? Williams-Sonoma has Star Wars cookie cutters and pancake molds. You get 4 cutters/molds for $19.95 - Boba Fett, a stormtrooper, Yoda, & Darth Vader. You could surprise him with Star Wars pancakes on Father's Day! Or bake him a batch of Star Wars cookies!



What are you planning for Father's Day?


0 comments: