Monday's Meal

Monday, June 7, 2010

Blogger has been on the fritz since late yesterday and wouldn't allow me to make any new posts. I wonder if it's trying to tell me something? How annoying!!!

Since the weather has been so warm and humid, we've been trying to use the grill to make dinner instead of turning the oven on inside and heating up the house. I found some new recipes for marinades and am loving testing them out! The one I used yesterday is called "Chicken Tikka". Tikka refers to small pieces of chicken, so this recipe was for kebabs. I opted to keep the chicken breasts whole, so I guess mine would technically be called "Chicken Tandoori". It was very tasty - and received Gus's approval.

Chicken Tandoori
1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts 
1 c. plain low-fat yogurt
1 tsp. finely minced garlic
1 tsp. finely minced peeled gingerroot
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
1/4 tsp. salt
    Mix together yogurt, garlic, gingerroot, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and salt in large bowl until combined. Add chicken and turn to coat with mixture. Cover bowl and marinade in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours. Remove chicken from marinade and broil or grill until no longer pink in the center.

    You can view the original recipe from Jeanne Benedict here.





    0 comments: