Italian Festival 2010

Monday, June 14, 2010

Gus and I went to the local Italian Festival this weekend, so I thought I'd share some pictures with you. The food was delicious as usual, except for the cannoli. I was heartbroken. How can a sweet little Italian nonna make bad cannoli? I guess it really wasn't "bad", it just wasn't to my taste. Which is probably just as well, since I didn't need the extra calories anyway! Enjoy the pictures!


This next picture cracked me up when I saw it. Gus had wandered off to check out the food booths while I saved our seats in the shade. I was sitting at a table with ny camera out, taking pictures of the booths - and I was trying to get a good shot of the cannoli sign. The dude in the black shirt walked in front of the sign just as I snapped the picture, and I was aggravated that I was going to have to take another shot. When I got home and loaded the pictures on the computer, I did a double-take when I got to this one. There was Gus, right in the middle of the picture! I didn't even see him when I took the shot. LOL!








The next few pictures are just shots I took while we were walking around the Riverwalk level at Newport on the Levee.

The Purple People Bridge is a bridge that is only open to pedestrian traffic. It spans the Ohio River, stretching from Newport, Kentucky to Cincinnati, Ohio.

The Showboat Majestic is the last survivor of the singularly American tradition of floating theatres.

Home of the Cincinnati Reds - the Great American Ball Park. You can see the two smokestacks in the picture - smoke comes out of them when the Reds strike out a batter, and fireworks come out of them when the Reds score a run and a win.

The Newport Aquarium is such a neat place to visit. They have 70 exhibits and 14 galleries and offer several interactive programs.




I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!


0 comments: