New dishes

Sunday, June 20, 2010

We bought new dishes just before we moved 3 years ago. They didn't match the new kitchen - but since they were new, I didn't replace them. Somehow, over the past few months, I've managed to break one dinner plate and put big chips in two others. So I've sort of been half-heartedly looking for new dishes.

The other day, I was looking through a JCPenney sale catalog and saw some dishes on clearance. A 16 piece set was $30, marked down from $100. A serving bowl and platter were $20, marked down from $40. My kitchen is done in earth tones with a bit of a Tuscan feel. The walls are Behr Spicy Cayenne, the woodwork and floors are a golden oak, and the cabinets are a whitewashed maple. The countertops (much to my dismay, LOL) are a dark green Corian.

 the breakfast nook


 
"Good food, good wine, good friends"

the kitchen cabinets

Pictures of the dishes:




The colors really do go well with the kitchen. And the price was certainly right - $84 (free shipping) for eight 4-piece place settings, a serving bowl, and a serving platter. No, I wouldn't have chosen these dishes at their original price, but considering they'll probably only have a lifespan of 2-3 years, they'll do.  :-)


0 comments: