Blah, blah, blah...

Friday, July 9, 2010

Sorry I haven't posted anything for the past few days!

It was a busy holiday weekend - Buddy went 4-wheeling with my brother, Wild Bill - so we had to do a lot of driving to get him there and back. Luckily, there weren't any wrecks this time, and he came home in one piece and without any bruises.



Gus and I spent the day at the outlet mall after we dropped off Buddy. Gus got three pairs of shoes at the Bass outlet for $100 - they had a sale; buy one, get two free - what a deal! He also got two polo shirts at the Eddie Bauer outlet for $9.99 each! I got a really cute dress at the Ann Taylor outlet - originally $100, my price $38.99. And the best news of all is that I was able to find my beloved MAC Skinsheen bronzer at the Cosmetic Company outlet!! Three cans in my color - for only $15.75 each!! YAY!!!

Lulu spent most of her time with her boyfriend, CW - although they did stay at the house for awhile and help Gus set off his yearly fireworks (since Buddy wasn't here to help as usual and Gus was pouting that there wasn't anyone there to "ooh" and "aah" over his display). No pictures.

Riley had a spa weekend at the nice quiet kennel. He missed the fireworks (which is okay, because he would've hidden under my desk and had to take a nerve pill) - and had a bath, haircut, style, and toenail trim. He doesn't smell like doggie now - at least not for the next few days. He is a little needy after being at the kennel for 3.5 days - he hasn't left my side since we brought him home. As a matter of fact, he's laying under my desk, on top of my feet, right now.

The other reason that I haven't blogged much is this...I..AM...TIRED. The doctor increased my blood pressure medicine, which happens to be a beta-blocker - and that means that I am exhausted. So tired that it's difficult for me to concentrate on anything for an extended period. It's also giving me headaches and making my feet swell a little. I'm not going to bother calling the office, because he's on vacation right now and I have an appointment in 6 days anyway. So until then, I'll just keep dragging my butt. And worrying about what he'll change the medicine to - and how the new meds will affect me. Argh - it sucks to get old!!

And to add to the list of critters that I have seen in my yard, I give you - Mr. Froggie. Buddy called me at 2:30am this morning to tell me that there was a frog on the patio. I thought it was probably a toad because we see those a lot - but when I went downstairs to check it out, it really was a frog! I think he came over to eat all of the June bugs, which is okay with me!


What did you do over the holiday weekend?


0 comments: