Dragonball Saw New Moon

Monday, August 16, 2010

I debated whether or not to even bother giving my 2 cents on these three movies since they're so old now. But then I figured if I just saw them, then maybe there are others who are just as behind the times, LOL!


Saw VI - seriously? There are six Saw movies now? How many of these can they make? Apparently, at least seven - because I heard that there is going to be Saw VII/3D. I don't know if they're calling it Saw VII or Saw 3D - either way, it's one Saw too many, LOL!! At any rate, Saw VI picks up where Saw V left off (duh). You see some flashbacks (again, duh), but mostly the movie revolves around Det. Hoffman (Costas Mandylor) and Jill Tuck (Betsy Russell). Jill was Jigsaw's wife, for those who don't remember. I don't think I can really talk about the movie without giving it away - but you can expect the usual blood, guts, and gore. A few unexpected (or not, LOL) twists - and of course, an ending that definitely leaves an opening for the next installment. I give it 3 out of 5 stars. It wasn't bad, it's just starting to drag on a little too long. Part of a successful series is knowing when it's time to call it quits, LOL!



Dragonball: Evolution - yes, yes, I know. But I used to watch Dragonball Z with Buddy, so I kind of "knew" the characters and storyline - and I love James Marsters (Spike from "Buffy" & "Angel"), so I wanted to see how he looked as the big green Piccolo, LOL! I think with movies like these you have to adjust your expectations. I mean, come on. Did you really think it was going to be awesome? It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, but thank goodness it was only an hour & a half long. The cartoon series is much better. I give it 2 out of 5 stars. Something to watch if you're bored, but otherwise don't go out of your way to see it.



New Moon - first, let me say that I'm not a Twilight fan. (But if I were, I'd be Team Jacob, LOL!) I haven't read the books, and I don't plan to read them. I did a lot of eye-rolling during Twilight. That said, I liked New Moon a lot more than Twilight. I thought the plot moved along at a better pace and was just more interesting. I still can't bear to watch Kristen Stewart (Bella) on the screen. OMG - her expression just makes me want to scream. And could Edward (Robert Pattinson) possible Brood any more? Yes, Brood with a capital "B". He doesn't even do it well. Angel could teach him a think or two about sexy brooding. I think Kristen Stewart's facial expressions are contagious. But I like the werewolves. And Jacob (Taylor Lautner) is so much hotter now that they don't have him wearing that nasty, ratty wig. Ewwww. So Edward is still gone, Bella is super-sad, and Jacob loves Bella. Bella discovers that if she does dangerous things, she "sees" Edward - so she starts doing crazy stuff. Jacob turns for the first time & tries to keep Bella at a distance. But you know Bella. Alice (Ashley Greene) tells Bella that Edward is going to expose himself as a vampire so that the Volturi will kill him, so of course, Bella runs to save him. Meanwhile, Victoria (Rachelle Lefever) is still a PITA. I give it 3 out of 4 stars.

Did you see any of these movies? What did you think?


0 comments: