Another health update...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I just wanted to let you know the latest on the health front. I had an EMG on Friday - and that was negative - which basically just means that there is no permanent damage to the nerves in my right arm/hand. If you've never had an EMG, just let me tell that that they are quite painful. Or at least it was for me. And the dr. also managed to hit blood vessels in two spots so I have a couple of really ugly bruises.

I saw the neurosurgeon after the EMG on Friday. Basically, he wants to put off doing surgery as long as possible because of my age. I already have 2 fused vertebra in my neck - if he fuses one or two more, it will really limit the forward/backward movement of my neck - and he thinks I'm too young to have that much limited mobility. So I'm going to be trying physical therapy three times/week for four weeks. They'll be doing hot packs, massage, and traction. Unfortunately, I'm still pretty limited in what I can do because it's my right arm/shoulder that is affected and I'm right-handed. It doesn't take much to trigger the pain. Hopefully, the therapy will help.

Then on Tuesday, I saw the dermatologist for my 6 month skin check. She froze three places on my face and removed a mole from my back and also from my stomach. No news is good news, so I hope not to hear from her, LOL.

Hope you all are well!!


0 comments: