Jonah Hex

Saturday, January 1, 2011


I admit it - I like the comic book movies. I'm a geek, LOL! I wasn't familiar with Jonah Hex (I'm more familiar with Marvel than DC) - but it looked like it might be an interesting movie. Gus was all for watching it just for Megan Fox. *rolls eyes* I would watch it for John Malkovich - he does crazy so well!

From imdb.com: "The U.S. military makes a scarred bounty hunter with warrants on his own head an offer he cannot refuse: in exchange for his freedom, he must stop a terrorist who is ready to unleash Hell on Earth."

Of course, the terrorist is the same man who scarred Jonah's face & killed his family - so he's happy to seek revenge. Jonah has the nifty little ability of being able to speak with the dead (if he touches them) - a skill that he acquired after his own near-death experience. Those scenes are gruesome, funny, and a little disturbing, LOL. Naturally, Megan Fox's scenes involve close-ups of her heaving bosom and/or glossy lips (just like Tranformers 1 & 2). Whatever.

It was an okay movie. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in the theater, but it was okay to kill time at home. I'd give it 2.5 out of 5 stars.


0 comments: