Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder

Sunday, January 2, 2011


I'm not a big fan of finishing powders - mostly because I've never really found one that did anything wonderful for my skin. Until now. I used a code to get a free sample of the new Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder (and mini fan brush) from Sephora. I put off using it for a couple of weeks because I figured it wasn't going to be any different from all the others I had tried. Wrong.

For some reason, this powder does great things for my skin! It doesn't have any spectacular ingredients - nor are there any ingredients that I haven't tried in the past. But whatever it is about this powder, it works for me and I love this stuff!

It's a very finely milled mixture of calcium aluminum borosilicate and silica. It's very white, but it completely disappears when you apply it. It seriously only takes about 1/8 tsp. (maybe a little less) applied with a fan brush to cover my entire face.

It doesn't give my face a totally matte look (but matte doesn't look that great on mature skin anyway), but it makes my pores so much less noticeable. I don't get any oily breakthrough or separation of my makeup - which has been an issue in the past with finishing powders. Another great thing is that it works for me whether I'm sporting my natural pale skintone or a light or medium tan.

A 0.4 oz full-size jar is $34 at Sephora.


0 comments: