DVDs & Another Summer Movie

Saturday, August 6, 2011


Gus & I went to see Captain American: The First Avenger last weekend. As you know, I'm a huge Marvel Comics geek, so of course, I loved it (and so did Gus). IMO, Tommy Lee Jones should've been given a larger role - he almost steals the show. He has some great lines & his delivery is impeccable. It was a perfect role for him. I also loved Stanley Tucci (whose role was also too small). And whew, *stops to fan self* did Chris Evans look hot as Captain America/Steve Rogers. A hundred times more hot than as Human Torch/Johnny Storm. It's a great, fun movie - and don't forget to stay until after the credits to catch the extra scene that Marvel always gives us. One word - Avengers.  :-)  4.5 out of 5 stars.

Then there are a couple of DVDs that we watched -


I Am Number Four - Alex Pettyfer, Dianna Agron, Timothy Olyphant, Teresa Palmer
It's definitely geared towards teenagers, but I think if you watch it with that in mind, it's not a bad movie. It's like Twilight & The Terminator had a movie baby. Seriously, the last scene is sooooo Terminator (the first one), LOL. 3 out of 5 stars - but don't expect anything really intellectual or unusual. And yes, they left it open for sequels.


Gnomeo & Juliet - James McAvoy, Emily Blunt, Jason Statham, Ozzy Osbourne
Okay, okay - I know it's a movie about gnomes - but I thought it was hilarious. Yes, it's silly, but it's also funny - and I like movies that make me laugh. And I'm easily amused, LOL. 3.5 out of 5 stars.


0 comments: