Monday's Meal 3/1/10

Monday, March 1, 2010

Today's yummy recipe comes from Kevin & Amanda's Recipes. It's the recipe for Perfect Pulled Pork, but I tweaked it a bit because I was pressed for time. You can find the original recipe at the preceding link - and I'll post my changes below: 

Perfect Pork Roast 
4 lb. pork roast
1/2 TBSP. garlic powder
1/2 TBSP. onion powder
1/2 TBSP. chili powder
1/2 TBSP. salt
1/2 TBSP. ground pepper
1/2 TBSP. paprika
1/4 c. brown sugar

Combine ingredients in bowl; stir until well-mixed. 

Rinse pork roast in cold water - do not pat dry. Place pork in  baking dish (I sprayed mine with Pam first), and rub the seasoning mixture into the pork, coating all sides well.

Place baking dish in 350 degree oven for 2.5 hours, or until done.

 
seasoning mixture
 
pork with seasoning mixture
 
 close-up of the pork prior to cooking

 
ready to eat!

It was really tasty! The roast I bought isn't the kind I usually buy, but it was on sale, so that's what I got, LOL! Next time, I'll do it with my usual boneless roast that has less fat. But the seasoning was delicious!


0 comments: