St. Patrick's Day cupcakes!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cupcakes made with Guinness Chocolate Stout & Bailey's Irish Cream? Can I get a "hell yeah"???   **raises both hands**

The whole thing started when I saw this luscious-looking cupcake on Cakespy's blog a couple of days ago:


 
Chocolate Guinness Stout Cupcake with Bailey's Irish Cream Buttercream frosting

For those of you lucky enough to be near Seattle, these cupcakes can be found at Trophy Cupcakes. Well, bully for everyone who can go to Trophy Cupcakes & pig out on the yumminess. **pouts**

Where does that leave the rest of us? I don't know about you, but I refuse to be denied!!! I, too, shall have delicious St. Patrick's Day cupcakes, even if I have to make them myself...WOW! What an idea!!!


  
Nook & Pantry's Chocolate Guinness Stout cupcakes with Bailey's Cream Cheese frosting

But then I couldn't decide if I would like buttercream or cream cheese frosting best, so I searched a little more and found Annie's Eats. She has a recipe for Guinness & Bailey's Irish Cream cupcakes. These are filled with a Bailey's Irish Cream ganache! Double score!! These babies are making my mouth water...

Annie's Eats' Guinness & Bailey's Irish Cream cupcakes

But you know... *whispers* I actually prefer Young's Double Chocolate Stout to Guinness. So what if I used Young's instead of Guinness? I found this recipe for YDCS cupcakes on 944.com (it's an article on beer, so scroll down to the bottom for the recipe). But really, I think either chocolate stout would work in any of the recipes.

And don't forget to use Springpad to save your recipes! (Remember? I told you about it awhile back.) I've been saving my recipes there & it's so handy. You can save recipes from any site into your Springpad account. You can just enter the URL of the recipe & it will capture it for you. No need to print them all out (and lose them) or bookmark 100's of recipes - you can keep them all in one place!


0 comments: