The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, pt. 2

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I wrote about this book awhile back (you can read the blog post here), and now I've just discovered that Allan Ball (who produces True Blood) and Oprah Winfrey are bringing this book to HBO as a movie! (read more about that here) I think it will be a great movie - heartbreaking, inspiring, and amazing.


I bought the book after I blogged about it, but I haven't read it yet. It's on my summer reading list, because I wanted to devote more time to it. I really hope that her family sees some of the profits from the movie - they deserve it after all they've been through over the years.

Did anyone else read the book?


3 comments:

Crystal S. said...

Dang, another book I need to buy. Right now I'm reading fluff: Love the One You're With.

Kim said...

Most of my reading is romance novels - especially those involving vampires or other paranormal stuff. I figure life is too serious - when I read, I want something to amuse & delight me! I'm the same way with movies - I prefer to be entertained, not informed. But books like this are different - it's a real human interest story. So I'm making an exception!

Unknown said...

I want to read this, but have not yet done so. The movie would be good to see!