Ironman 2

Saturday, May 15, 2010


Gus and I went to see Ironman 2 when it opened May 7. In a nutshell, I LOVED IT!! But then, I fully expected to love it since I loved the first one.

I don't want to talk about the storyline, because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. But I will talk a little about the characters and actors.

Scarlett Johannssen (Natalie/Natasha/Black Widow) - I am sooooo not a fan - not at all. She plays the role well, and I'm sure a lot of people will like her - but again, not a fan. Something about her bugs me. I think it's the look on her face.

Gwyneth Paltrow (Pepper Potts) - not a fan of hers either, but she plays the role well. She needs to eat a sandwich. Or two. But she's perfect for the part.

Mickey Rourke (Ivan/Whiplash) - not a fan (ewwwwww!), but he was convincing as a bad guy, LOL. Gross. I wanted him to scrub his nails and wash his hair.

Sam Rockwell (Justin Hammer) - his character was so freaking annoying that I couldn't appreciate his acting skills. He reminded me of someone (another actor/role). but I haven't been able to figure out who...

Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Ironman) -  I could probably watch RDJ play any part, but he is particularly fetching as Tony Stark/Ironman. He's such a sexy, lovable narcissist. I'm glad we'll be seeing more of him. I mean that as more of him in movie roles, not more of him as in less clothing. Really. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Don Cheadle (Rhodey/War Machine) - I think he's a great replacement for Terence Howard. I particularly like the scenes with him and RDJ - they work well together. I loved him in Ocean's Eleven, Twelve, & Thirteen.

Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) - big fan, and I can't imagine anyone but him playing the part. He never fails to make me laugh.

I loved all of the little "hints" about things/movies to come! Be sure to pay attention!! Watch carefully when Tony opens his father's case - and when he's trying to create something to replace the palladium (when he says a certain something is "just what he needs") - and be sure to stay for the scene after the credits!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I fully agree w your comment about the women in this movie, my feelings also.

And Sam Rockwell! I wanted to just twist his little head off. Every scene he distracted me more then anything. And did you notice the scene where he was at the Dinner Table in the Jet Hanger, and how his palms were "on purpose" self tanner stained?? LOL

I missed the after credit scene! I am sure we will buy it though, so will see it later. I liked this movie, but I preferred the first one more. The story line of the first grabbed me more....

Kim said...

Yes! I meant to mention the self-tanner-stained palms, but I forgot! I think he was one of the most (if not THE most) annoying characters I've ever seen. Too annoying - and like you said, distracting!