Meow Cosmetics swatches

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I bought some samples from Meow Cosmetics a couple of weeks ago, and I swatched the eye shadows to share with you. I'm really impressed with the quality of their products and the customer service. So much so that I'm getting ready to place another sample order with them.


I ordered 19 samples in all (you get free shipping for up to 19 samples) - but the only ones I've swatched here are the eye shadows. I will also include the description of the colors from the Meow Cosmetics website. After I did all of the photos, I realized that I forgot to do swatches of one of the Caribbean Escape shadows - Reggae. Oops! Sorry!

The first three are from the Caribbean Escape collection:
uncharted neutral beige/taupe with gold lustre
reggae - metallic bronze with a burnished golden undertone (no swatch)
beach - sophisticated soft fawn with satiny metallic gold finish

 



The next two are from the IdealEyes collection:
Breakfast at Kitty's purrl - rich and buttery, vintage copper/peach
SophistiCAT purrl - medium/deep golden tan/brown



The next two are from the ScandalEyes "Legal Scandals" collection:
Billie H. - medium mauve
Martha S. - light mauve



And the last two are from the ModernEyes collection:
Cat Call - dusty teal with gold shimmer
Fur Flyin' - rich sultry chocolate/bronze with gold shimmer and subtle greenish undertones



I also swatched them on my arm so you could see how they look when applied to skin. (you can enlarge all of the pictures by clicking on them)


Applied over a primer, these shadows last all day. I like the consistency of them, too. Sample prices are very reasonable - $1.00 for a generous, well-labeled sample. Full-size jars are $10.25 (10gm). I have mixed feelings about the full-size jars. I think the price is reasonable, but it would take me forever to use a 10gm jar. (I have some 10gr jars from Aromaleigh that are around 7-8 years old! They're still not empty!) I like the option of a 5gm jar - that way I can invest in more shades. Maybe that is something they will consider adding in the future.

If you haven't tried Meow Cosmetics, give them a try - they have some lovely products!


0 comments: